Wednesday, December 3, 2008

S.H.E Ball

A man who pretend to be Ah Kuah,
in order to approach a woman in volleyball game.


S.H.E Ball is another drama produced by my friends.
Most of the audiences like it, they simply enjoy the show.
But the lecturers found that there are still a lot more room to improve.

~once again I need to clarify~
I am only writing my personal opinion, no offence!!!


For me, this drama is very entertaining.
Frankly, the story is not fresh.
But they really success to make audiences laugh.
Everyone is happy to watch it.


The opening sequence is well-done. Editor deserved the credit.
The technique they used is good,and they fully utilized their limited and normal footage.
I admit I never learned to edit video in that kind of style before.


But, the same editing technique continued to be used in the entire movie.
In the middle part of the movie, I say, "Not again...."
I am sorry to say that I don't really like fancy transition and effects in editing.
S.H.E Ball style is very close to American teenage movie, especially their editing style.

Mr. Lim said the shots is not clean, color between shots is irregular.
But I think it's fine, the weakness is not really that obvious.
Just, I found some of the editing is not clean...
if you really watch the video frame by frame, you will realize.
(sorry, I worked as editor before during intern, you know, "editor sickness")

Mr.Lim said research should be done on the volleyball game rule, there are a lot of mistakes shown in the movie during volleyball match.
But I don't think this is a big deal. Nobody really cares you know.


Anyway, the volleyball match is too draggy, and it is boring.
Which is why, I guess this made Mr.Lim realize their mistakes (regarding to volleyball game rule).
Lets say, if they make the volleyball match shorter, use montage or fast cut by editing technique, I don't think anyone will realize their mistakes.


I heard some of my classmates said they don't really like S.H.E Ball,
~you laugh because you are entertained by their make up and acting,
in fact, there is nothing to laugh with.~


But, fongway once told me,
~they had memorable experience, they are having fun~
Yup, one day in future (lets say 20years later), when they look back to their production, they will smile and said,
"Well, those days....when we were young....ahaha"


My opinion?
I think the movie is nice in the beginning, boring in the middle part.
But the twist ending really rescue the movie!!!
I didnt expect thiskind of ending....
(round of applause)

Seriously, I can never make a movie like "S.H.E Ball"
I really don't know how to make people laugh by using video.
~Salute~
Production Crew:
Director: Eugene
Producer: Lydia and Mun Yi
Camera: Nicholas
Starring: Kim Fatt and Yuin Yue
Others: Lace, Elyssa, Victoria

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah..everytime i see my name appeared in your post..
my heart skipped a beat..
haha..takut nya..
anyways..
seems like our short drama is the next review to be anticipated wo..
:)

jiateng said...

i always respect your advise mah....hehe

Wei Xiang said...

another good review =) the production crews of SHE Ball would appreciate this reading this!

looking forward to Jaded now! ABC2's nominated Best Lead Female Actress - Szetoo Weiwen in her 2nd ever emo character!

Anonymous said...

thanks to the emo script:)

Anonymous said...

wahlao..
some ppl memang like to grab credit on herself wan wo..
hahaha..:P

jiateng said...

what i can see here is....
someone is tryin to promote and praise Szetoo

Wei Xiang said...

just telling the facts =) we all did agree that she put up a solid and stellar performance along with Fang Jing, Chian Lue, Pai Wah and Y.Y

Anonymous said...

hahaha...
to JT: you r so true! :P

derique said...

i want the short films copy la.....
some one gv me can a??

Szetoo said...

eh nothing to do with me memang the script writer damn chun

THE SCRIPT IS EVERYTHING!

congrats to everyone last semester wei!

Tammy-C-My said...

JT!! Wrong poster!!!! V hv a new one..this one has all the wrong grammar n info!!! change it asap!! lol...

jiateng said...

i don't have it ler sayang....
anyone can send me?