Monday, November 16, 2009

2012


We were warned,
so what???


First, he send the aliens to attack our earth,
then, he adopt Godzilla from Japan to destroy New York,
years later, he froze the world.


After a huge failure of '10,000 BC' , Roland Emmerich use his trademark movie 'Independence Day' and 'The Day After Tomorrow' again to promote his new movie.
Another action disaster blockbuster,
this time he apply the 2012 phenomenon which is predicted by Ancient Mayan.


I knew Roland Emmerich style, always wana make American looks patriotic, and he likes to inject family values in his movie.
I like 'Independence Day', the story is so fresh, it was a classic!!!
But 'The Day After Tomorrow' is totally plotless, he just want to destroy the world for the sake of satisfying his audiences.


Hey, I know not everyone cares about the story, moral values and message.
Some people just like to see disaster movie, they just want to get viewing pleassure, and I understand that.
But come on, atleast put some effort in scriptwriting please!!!
THIS IS LAZY!!!


Same old shit in 'The Day After Tomorrow' and 'War of The World', another divorced or broken family unite together again because of the end of world.
THIS IS BORING!!!
2012 pheonomenon is something big, it's gotta be something sensational.


It is so near from us, like it's going to happen tomorrow.
Mayan prediction and Mesoamerican Long Count Calendar, are some really interesting issues!!!
This is the only reason why I want to watch '2012', because I wish that this movie would has a distinction with other disaster movie. (well, atleast with other Roland Emmerich's movies)


In the end, I am dissapointed, but still, I knew this is going to happen.
165minutes feature-time is too long, too draggy for a boring story like this.
He spend too much time to build-up the characters and plot, but in the end, the characters development are still weak and the story still sucks!!!


After I watch the movie, I really think that movie like 'War of The World' and 'Knowing' wasnt that bad you know.
'War of The World' has been criticized for its ending, but atleast Spielberg's skill is still maintain in many scenes.


'Knowing' has been criticized for its ending too, and the sudden 'application' of aliens to dissolve the myth.
But atleast the plane crash long take scene is massive, the ending scene with the great Beethoven's Symphony 7 is absolutely beautiful....


But '2012' is effortless, and it doesnt make any sense.
I know no one can predict the future and the end of world, I can't really describe the picture, but I am sure that it is not going to happen in this way!!!
Come on, great flood???
Animals aboard???
Vessel???
NOAH's ARK???


I think Roland Emmerich has forgotten the sign of rainbow, haha, he is gay anyway....
Ok, no personal attack, but the great flood's idea is really stupid.
It proved that 2012 phenomenon is just a tool for Roland Emmerich to destroy the earth.
The whole movie has nothing to do with Mayan's prediction and 2012 phenomenon!!!
If you insist you want to watch another disaster movie (with no surprise), you will not be dissapointed perhaps....


I saw and heard the crowd response in the cinema, and obviously, they did not pay attention to the movie when the characters are talking.
They only enjoy the movie when they see the massive disaster scene with crazy CGI (which I admit it is very good, well....atleast better than 10,000 BC).


The moment John Cusack hug his children and kiss his ex-wife, I feel nothing at all....
Don't get me wrong, I am not cool-blooded mammal....
But seriously, the feeling and mood is NOT THERE!!!


All the filmmakers want, is to give viewing pleassure,
and all the audiences want, is to receive this plessure....
No point!!!


In future, we don't even need real filmmakers to make movie,
all we need is graphics, computer and effects genius!!!
After all, I miss Michael Bay's 'Armageddon'.
I know Ben Affleck and Liv Tyler sucks, but still, the whole movie is so exciting.

and one last thing,
Michael Bay use fire!!!

3 comments:

Wei Xiang said...

just watched it =)

and i don't know whether it's good or bad but i dropped by here to read your take on the movie before heading to the cinema; which meant i went in carrying an opinion (kinda like judging a book by it's cover isn't it?)

i guess for most parts, you've pinpointed the problems with the movie; sadly, plot and character seriously very weak =( there are certain scenes where if you listen to the conversation properly, it's really cow head didn't match horse mouth. LoL!

but one thing for sure, the CG's are really crazy stuff - only Hollywood can pull off something like that and get away with it even if it's as good as it could've been =P

Tammy-C-My said...

I have no expectations watsoever with this movie. but has gotta watch it becz ...COME on! It's 2012 and EVERYONE is talkin abt it.Cinemas "flooded" because of it and billboard ads everywhere showing 2012.
Unlike WX i purposely dont wanna read ur blog becz i know it would loopside my opinion.
overall, it wasn't that bad for me haha...becz i expected it to be WORST haha.
I wasn't impressed with the CG because i'm not those who are into all these effects lar haha. i mean the effects are good no doubt but not something i paid attention to.

I think I kinda like the 'themes' portrayed in the movie. Humanity...
I mean plz minus out some of the crap (I don't get Cusack's character either) there were some really touching moments in the movie (or is it just me being mushy?)

But I'm so in love with the character Helmsley. Though acting not like 1st class lar but he seems like a real leader in the movie.

overall, i am not judging the movie by its storyline bcz IT IS PREDICTABLE..duh..world ends..destroyed..flooded or burnt watever~ nothing special there..too many movies on this. But judging on the themes in the movie, I think is quite interesting to bring in some of those questions on humanity. Makes me wonder what it'll be like if the world really ends

jiateng said...

Terrible script, conversation scene proved that!!!
And the thing I hate the most about this movie is that THEY CINCAI MENTION ABOUT MAYAN PROPHECY!!!